Once you have pieces you love for your living space, it can feel like a challenge to arrange it all in a way that flows and functions well for your lifestyle. But not to worry! Your trusted pros for upholstery cleaning in Clarkston, Michigan, have a few essential tips for creating a cohesive feel in your living space.
Living Room Layout Ideas And Key Considerations
How you arrange your furniture will depend on the size, shape, and lighting of the room. The sizes and number of furniture pieces are key factors, too.
Here are a few general tips that can be applied to each individual’s unique space.
- If there’s an entryway in your living area, create a drop-off space for daily items.
- As a general rule, allow walkable space of at least 30 inches between furniture pieces.
- Focus seating around a focal point if there is one, like a fireplace, window, or television.
- In large living spaces, center furniture in the room and have seats face each other to encourage conversation.
- Anchor the space with a large area rug. In general, try to have all furniture legs or at least the front legs on top of the rug.
- Incorporate taller furniture pieces in smaller living spaces and decorate using mirrors to make the space feel larger.
- Add extra seating or storage pieces around the edges of the room.
- Create balance by making sure to vary the sizes, shapes, and textures of furniture in the room. Avoid clustering all large or all small pieces together.
- Implement a variety of lighting, including windows, overhead lights, and floor and table lamps.
Upholstery Cleaning In Clarkston, Michigan
Once you have the furniture pieces you love arranged in the perfect layout, it’s important to take care of them with professional upholstery cleaning in Clarkston, Michigan.
Our team will help create a cozy gathering space in your home and make your upholstery last for the years ahead.